Skip to Part:
Business groups represent mappings of LDAP user and group principals to logical business groupings within the vRealize automation product. Business groups are used to define accesses and permissions to service catalog items, requests, and provisioned items. A user can belong to more than one business group. If a user does not belong to any business groups, they will be unable to log in; however, they do not have to have any permissions or entitlements to log in – they must simply be a member of at least one business group.
To create a business group, use the following procedures:
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click the Users & Groups sub-menu on the left.
- Click the Business Groups menu item on the left.
- Click the “New” button.
- Enter a name in the name field, a manager e-mail address, and click the “Next” button.
- Add users to each of the roles according to which roles they should have in the group. Managers can approve when manager approval is required as well as control membership and manage provisioned items. Support users can manage provisioned items and request on behalf of other users. Shared access users can manage their own items and other users’ items. Users can only manage their own items.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Assign a default machine naming prefix, and click the “Finish” button.
Skip to Part: